des femmes

des femmes, defamed...

Culturally excluded

Shaula Evans asked:

"Matt, why haven't women been a big part of the blogosphere until now? What do you think we can do to help get more women involved?"

Matt Stoller responded:

"Women - that's an interesting question. I don't know. It's cultural, probably, combined with a severe lack of mentorship and role models."

She's asking him?

(Actually, her comment looks like an opener, but instead of lobbing the question back to her after saying "I don't know," he ended discussion.)

[UPDATE] Matt also responded very nicely. He mentioned that he has posted on women's issues and recruited female bloggers. I guess I need to be more clear: In the exchange between Matt and Shaula, I saw a typical mismatch of communication styles. She was offering an opener for discussion; he recognized a question and had to answer it. In my perfect world, he would have relinquished control and just said, "I don't know. What do you think?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home