des femmes

des femmes, defamed...

Not just blogs

Newspapers have also lost their interest for me. For the last 25 years I've read my local paper, even the back issues when I return from vacation.

Ha! I'm on vacation all the time now. For weeks the papers stack up until I can bring myself to skim them. The largest stack held seven weeks of papers.

Jeanne captured the feeling I used to have:

"The article took me hours to read, because I couldn't take more than a short bit at I time, but felt obligated to know what was in it, and to let each horror sink in. It was the only news I managed to read yesterday, not only because it was hard to take, but because after reading that, there didn't seem to be anything else in the world worth knowing about."

I guess I'm more cynical, or too selfish, or better numbed, than Jeanne. I can't even stir myself to be interested in much besides the comics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home